Solid-state battery with salt instead of lithium - Interview
Solid-state battery with salt instead of lithium - Joint venture with Fraunhofer IKTS to help achieve breakthrough - Interview
In an interview with news.financial, Altech Advanced Materials AG CEO Uwe Ahrens goes into detail and explains the current state of research and development. The fully developed sodium-alumina solid-state battery is to be launched under the name CERENERGY®. According to board member Uwe Ahrens, a possible plant could be in production in 2025 or 2026 once planning is complete (DFS).
Board member Uwe Ahrens told news.financial:
- "Silumina Anode® is a ceramic-coated graphite/silicon anode composite material that is expected to improve the performance of lithium-ion batteries significantly. We intend to produce this in Schwarze Pumpe, Saxony. The pilot plant is already under construction."
- "We have been testing micro half cells successfully for over a year and can prove that this battery with our material shows stable results over 500 charge cycles.”
- "In addition to Silumina Anode®, we now want to work with Fraunhofer IKTS to launch CERENERGY® battery technology, which has already been developed."
- "This battery is non-flammable and does not use any critical raw materials, such as lithium, cobalt or graphite, which are used in the lithium-ion battery. In CERENERGY® batteries, high-purity aluminum oxide is used for the ceramic solid electrolyte, and the cathode medium used is only common salt, not lithium."
- "CERENERGY® batteries are ideal for use as grid storage and are produced exclusively for this market and not for electromobility."
- "We want to create a production capacity of 100 MWh per year (line 1) at our Schwarze Pumpe site as a first step, and then scale up production quickly."
About Altech Advanced Materials AG
Altech Advanced Materials AG (ISIN: DE000A2LQUJ6), headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany, is a holding company listed on the Regulated Market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The Company's objective is to participate in the market for lithium-ion batteries and thus in the rapidly growing field of electromobility as well as in the expected market development for further applications of high-purity alumina (HPA).
Further information can be found at: www.altechadvancedmaterials.com
Altech Advanced Materials AG
Vorstand: Iggy Tan, Uwe Ahrens, Hansjörg Plaggemars
+49 6221 649 2482
news.financial is a media brand of Apaton Finance GmbH with daily financial news and information on listed companies from around the globe. The editorial team focuses mainly on growth companies and provides support in communicating information in the context of investor relations work.
For more information, visit: https://news.financial
Apaton Finance GmbH
+49 511 6768 733
news.financial is a media brand of
Apaton Finance GmbH
Apaton Finance GmbH Ellernstr. 34 30175 Hannover Germany Managing Director: Mario Hose German Trade Register, Dept. B: County Court Hannover, HRB 202654, Company domicile: Hannover