29.08.2007 – 18:10
Casio Introduces Two Stylish EXILIM(R) Digital Cameras with YouTube[TM] Capture Mode
One with a 7x optical zoom and 8.1 megapixels, the other with high ISO 6400 sensitivity and 10.1 megapixels
Casio Europe GmbH and its parent company, Casio Computer Co., Ltd., released two new EXILIM digital cameras today. The EX-V8 features a slim yet powerful optical zoom like other models in the EXILIM Hi-Zoom series, and the EX-Z1080, the latest addition to the core EXILIM Zoom series, packs an outstanding range of functions into a compact size.
The EX-V8 delivers 8.1 effective megapixels in a shape slim and compact enough to fit in the palm of the hand, and features a 7x optical inner zoom lens designed for quiet operation. The EX-V8 also offers four blur reduction technologies, including a CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism.
The 10.1 megapixel EX-Z1080 produces beautiful photographs even when printed large. It also enables high sensitivity photography up to a maximum of ISO 6400, and is ideal for photographing darker scenes and reducing blur caused by shaky hands and subject movement.
Both new models incorporate the EXILIM Engine 2.0 high-performance image processing module, which allows high quality movies to be recorded at the high compression rate of the next-generation H.264 standard. They also feature Casio's YouTube[TM] Capture Mode, which enables users to shoot and save movies at the optimum size, quality and other settings for YouTube[TM], the world's most popular online site for sharing videos. Casio has also included an exclusive software application that makes it fast and simple to upload movies to You Tube[TM]. This makes it easier than ever for people to enjoy "snapshot movies" of everyday fun, trips, and other occasions.
Main Features of EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-V8 & EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1080
High-quality movies using the H.264 standard:
- YouTube[TM] Capture Mode allows users to shoot movies at the
optimum size, quality and other settings for uploading to
- Comes with unique "YouTube[TM] Uploader for CASIO" software that
enables users to upload movies to YouTubeTM in as few as two
The combination of face detection (1) technology and the auto-tracking AF system using motion analysis technology maintains both sharp focus and correct exposure for a human face.
Blur reduction technologies driven by the EXILIM Engine 2.0 image processing module:
- Based on motion analysis technology, sets the most appropriate
ISO sensitivity and shutter speed.
- Anti Shake DSP reduces blur due to shaky hands and subject
movement, using high shutter speeds and high sensitivity
- Movie mode with electronic image stabilization function.
Other Features of the EXILIM Hi-Zoom EX-V8
- 8.1 million effective pixels, 7X optical zoom
- CCD-shift image stabilization mechanism
- 2.5-inch Bright LCD display (maximum brightness of 1000 cd/m2 at
the center of the screen)
- Maximum 4 shot/second (2) high-speed continuous shutter (only at
2.0 megapixel image size)
- Choice of two body colors: silver and black
Other Features of the EXILIM Zoom EX-Z1080
- 10.1 million effective pixels, 3X optical zoom
- BEST SHOT function with high-sensitivity shooting mode, up to a
maximum of ISO 6400
- 2.6-inch Bright widescreen LCD display (maximum brightness of
1000 cd/m2 at the center of the screen)
- Maximum 7 shot/second (2) high-speed continuous shutter (only at
2.0 megapixel image size)
- Super Life Battery allows up to 370 shots to be taken when fully
- Choice of five body colors: gray, black, blue, pink and gold
(1) The face detection feature includes a face detection technology provided by OKI's face image processing engine, FSE (Face Sensing Engine). (2) Number of shots can vary depending on the memory card used.
Original content of: CASIO Europe GmbH, transmitted by news aktuell