Hamburg (ots) - Home Office, kostenfreie Getränke und die Fahrkarte für den öffentlichen Nahverkehr: Diese ...
Minivan King Takes Another Giant Leap: DaimlerChrysler Introduces More Minivan Firsts and Unveils its Next-Generation of Chrysler and Dodge Minivans
Auburn Hills, Mich. (ots) - The world's best-selling minivans just got better. DaimlerChrysler (NYSE: DCX) unveiled its next generation of best-selling Chrysler and Dodge minivans today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
"Between Chrysler and Dodge, we've been building the world's best-selling minivans for the past 16 years," said James P. Holden, President of DaimlerChrysler. "In addition to having the right formula from the beginning, our success can be attributed to offering the greatest selection of attractive, feature-filled minivans in the marketplace. With our all-new minivans, we're taking another giant leap in the segment we created by offering sleeker styling, enhanced powertrains, thoughtful features and, of course, even more industry and minivan firsts."
Following are "at-a-glance" new features to look for in the all-new 2001 Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Voyager and Chrysler Town & Country:
* Industry-first power up and power down liftgate
* Industry-first removable, powered center console
* Power dual sliding doors, allowing manual override, powered by
an industry-first inside-the-door motor
* Industry-first power sliding door obstacle detection system
when opening and closing
* Minivan-first engines with power over 210 horsepower, including
the new 230 hp 3.5-liter engine -- the most powerful in its class
* Minivan-first pop-up rear cargo organizer
* Minivan-first three-zone automatic temperature control system
* Minivan-first split 50/50 Easy-Out Roller Seats(R)
* Minivan-first four-disc in-dash CD player
* Increased power and performance of V-6 engines - 3.3-liter,
horsepower increased to 180 horsepower from 140 horsepower
- 3.8-liter, horsepower increased to 215 horsepower from 180
* Adjustable pedals (brake and accelerator)
* Side air bags
* Front seat belt pretensioners
* Brake/transmission interlock system
* Universal child seat anchors
* Sentry key anti-theft system
The all-new 2001 Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Voyager and Chrysler Town & Country will arrive in dealerships by the fall of 2000. Since creating the minivan on November 2, 1983, DaimlerChrysler has sold more than 8 million minivans, introduced nearly 50 minivan firsts and earned more than 130 awards for its impressive lineup of Chrysler and Dodge minivans.
Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Voyager and Chrysler Town & Country are manufactured in Windsor, Ontario; St. Louis, Missouri; and Graz, Austria.
ots Original Text Service: DaimlerChrysler Corporation Internet: http://www.newsaktuell.de
Contact: Bryan Zvibleman, (USA) 248-512-2686, or Rick Deneau, (USA) 248-512-2694, both of DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Web site: http://www.media.daimlerchrysler.comOriginal-Content von: Daimler AG, übermittelt durch news aktuell