28.08.2018 – 14:23
Sunrise is now a partner of the ngena global alliance
- Sunrise is joining ngena (the Next Generation Enterprise Network Alliance - www.ngena.net), a global alliance of international telecom companies, such as T-Systems, Centurylink, PCCWGlobal, Telus, A1 Telekom Austria Group, KPN and many more. - As a partner of the alliance, Sunrise will be able to use the global SD-WAN (Software Defined Wide Area Network) to offer Swiss and international customers Ethernet and Internet-based global connectivity services to customer sites and cloud services across the world. - These services will be offered to all companies with business locations in Switzerland and abroad.
The partnership with ngena will make it possible for companies in Switzerland and around the world to obtain global SD-WAN services from a single source, as ngena integrates all the alliance partners' networks via its central technology platform into one Software-Defined Network. The outcome is an innovative, user friendly, highly scalable and quickly deployable global business network.
Via the ngena ecosystem of partners, the business customers of Sunrise can choose from various options for access designs, access bandwidths as well as SLAs and Sunrise will then manage the connections via the ngena portal both in Switzerland and abroad.
In addition, all alliance partners will benefit from Sunrise's Internet and Ethernet access capabilities in Switzerland through ngena. This partnership will make it possible for other partners to offer their customers solutions without having to use separate network gateways or conclude individual agreements with Swiss providers.
"Our ability to utilize ngena's global networks and the associated SD-WAN services will help us further expand our services for internationally active customers in particular and thus enable us to grow more rapidly in the market for business customers," says Sunrise's Chief Business Officer, Robert Wigger.
Dr. Marcus Hacke, Founder and Managing Director at ngena, states: "With Sunrise we have won a strong partner that can deliver to our global alliance partners: high-quality access to the Swiss market via its strong local network. At the same time, Swiss customers of Sunrise benefit from ngena's global SD-WAN, which is available in approx. 200 countries across the world."
The Next Generation Enterprise Network Alliance (ngena) is an alliance of leading international telecommunication companies. Originally founded by Deutsche Telekom, CenturyLink, Reliance Jio and SK Telecom in early 2016, the alliance has meanwhile grown to include A1, Altice with SFR and Portugal Telecom, Expereo, KPN, MTN, Neutrona, PCCW Global, Starhub, Telus, VEON and Viettel along with technology partners Cisco, Comarch and Equinix. The partners share their networks, cloud infrastructure and know-how to build a truly global Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) managed via a central technology platform. The outcome is an innovative, user friendly, highly scalable and quickly deployable global business network. With these characteristics, ngena is paving the way for a truly globalized digital economy.
or contact: ngena GmbH, Jörg Wassink on +49 151 23422521, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Images and videos for publication:
- Robert Wigger, Chief Business Officer at Sunrise. Download image here.
- Alessandro Adriani, Managing Director of ngena. Download image here.
- Leading telecommunication providers form the Next Generation Enterprise Network Alliance (ngena). Download black logo image here.
- Leading telecommunication providers form the Next Generation Enterprise Network Alliance (ngena). Download white logo image here.
- Logo of the Next Generation Enterprise Network Alliance (ngena). Download image here.
ngena GmbH, Hahnstrasse 40, 60528 Frankfurt am Main, Germany Managing Directors: Dr. Marcus Hacke, Alessandro Adriani Head of Supervisory Board: Patrick Molck-Ude Commercial register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 20074 Registered office: Bonn, Germany