07.05.2004 – 08:30
Beta Systems Software AG announces results for the first quarter 2004
Beta Systems Software AG, Berlin, (Prime Standard: BSS) recorded a significant year-on-year increase in revenues in the first quarter ended March 31, 2004.
Operational Highlights First Quarter 2004
- "Go Ahead Beta" program continues: acquisition of majority interest in Kleindienst Datentechnik AG and submission of mandatory offer
- Majority interest in Kleindienst stands at 73.87% following mandatory offer and stock exchange purchases
Financial Highlights First Quarter 2004
- Revenue increased by 24.2% to Euro 11.6 million (Q1 2003: Euro 9.3 million)
- Non-recurring effect of Euro 0.5 million attributable to non-cash expenses for stock options as a result of significant increase in Beta Systems' share price
- Operating loss of Euro 1.7 million (Q1 2003: operating loss of Euro 1.5 million)
- Pre-tax loss of Euro 1.1 million (Q1 2003: pre-tax loss of Euro 1.2 million)
- Net loss of Euro 0.7 million or Euro 0.18 per share (Q1 2003: net loss of Euro 0.5 million or Euro 0.14 per share)
- Positive cash flow from operating activities amounting to Euro 8.9 million
- Decline in cash and cash equivalents to Euro 8.8 million due to acquisition of majority interest in Kleindienst
Comments of the Management Board "In terms of operating activities, the first quarter progressed in line with our corporate targets. In fact, we generated double-digit growth in almost all business units. Security Management and Document/Output Management proved particularly successful, achieving substantial increases in revenue and securing a number of new contracts. Adjusted for the non-recurring effects associated with stock-option expenses, which were a direct result of the significant increase in our share price in the first quarter, our quarterly result once again showed signs of year-on-year improvement and currently stands at a level that can be considered satisfactory," said Karl-Joachim Veigel, CEO of Beta Systems Software AG, commenting on the results.
The Management Board will comment on the financial results for the first quarter of 2004 as part of a conference call to be held on Friday, 7 May 2004. The conference call will take place at 11:00 CET and can be accessed by calling +44 (0)207 019 9509 (Access Code: "betasystems"). A tape recording of the telephone conference will be available for twenty-four hours. This recording can be accessed by calling +44 (0)207 984 7578 (Access Code: 544921).
The full quarterly report has been published under www.betasystems.com.
Beta Systems Software AG, Berlin, Germany
Beta Systems Software AG (Deutsche Börse - Prime Standard: BSS) is a leading provider of intelligent, high-performance solutions for the administration of bulk data. Beta Systems supplies software which enables companies to streamline and simplify their data center, backup, and document management processes. The company specializes in the automation and optimization of its customers' high volume data processing systems, focusing on handling, storing, and distributing data and documents in the most cost effective and intelligent way. Beta Systems' customers are typically large organizations in the industrial, finance, telecommunications, energy, service, and public sectors whose previous methods of data management involved cumbersome procedures consuming a great deal of time, money, and other resources. The solutions developed by Beta Systems have an open architecture and create an information infrastructure which considerably reduces the previous complexity of the customer's information management. Beta Systems' products are distributed worldwide by its own subsidiaries as well as partner organizations. The company has been publicly traded since 1997 and has 387 employees worldwide (as of March 2004). For further information, please visit the company website at www.betasystems.com.
ots Original Text: Beta Systems Software AG Internet : http://www.presseportal.de
Investor Relations Arne Bassler Beta Systems Software AG Tel.: +49 (0)30 726 118 -170 Fax: +49 (0)30 726 118 -881 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Relations Stefanie Katrin Fehse Beta Systems Software AG Tel.: +49 (0)30 726 118 -674 Fax: +49 (0)30 726 118 -852 e-mail: email@example.com
Original content of: Beta Systems DCI Software AG, transmitted by news aktuell