Mainz (ots) - Rechtzeitig vor der Bundestagswahl meldet sich die "heute-show" am Freitag, 8. September 2017, im ...
Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc. Elects New Board of Directors
Washington (ots-PRNewswire) - Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc. (UATP) announced the election of a new Board of Directors effective 07 November 2000. The 10 board members were introduced to UATP member airlines at the company's Annual Conference on 08 November 2000 in Las Vegas. The board, elected from a pool of shareholder airlines, is the first elected board in the company's history. Previously, the UATP Board of Management, comprised of the largest UATP members, served as the governing body for the joint venture. Since incorporating this past September, however, the Board of Directors performs that role.
Three seats each, for US and Non-US carriers with the largest UATP program in volume, three at-large seats available to carries with any size UATP program and the President of UATP comprise the 10 members of the Board of Directors. Following are the newly elected members:
* Richard Crum, UATP President and Chairman of the Board, has been with the company for four years and is the chief executive responsible for the overall brand development, membership growth and strategic direction of the international airline industry corporate charge card program.
* Glenn Schultz, Managing Director of Corporate Receivables for American Airlines, had been a member of the UATP Board of Management for two years and served as last year's Vice-Chairman.
* D. Jim Young, Managing Director of Distribution Planning for Continental Airlines, is a new member to the Board. Young also serves as President and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Open Travel Alliance and Chairman of the Electronic Marketplace Committee for the Air Transport Association of America.
* P. Gary Smedile, Director of Credit Operations for Trans World Airlines, had been a member of the UATP Board of Management last year and is a 27-year veteran of the airline industry.
* Marc T. Krohn, Director of Receivables and Customer Support for United Airlines, employed with United since 1992, has served in various positions of responsibility analyzing strategic business opportunities.
* Kieron Gavan, General Manager Global Distribution for British Airways, is a new member to the board. He served in various management roles at British Airways and is spearheading the re-launch of its UATP program.
* Shigeyuki Kamei, Director of Passenger Marketing for Japan Airlines, had been on the UATP Board of Management for two years. Employed with Japan Airlines for 19 years, he also serves as the Director of International Affairs.
* Marc Lammens, General Manager of Traxxer Corporate Services by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, previously served on the UATP Board of Management where one of his main interests was and continues to be supporting business development.
* Michael Peine, Managing Director of Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH, joined AirPlus in early 2000 and has a background with Citibank Diners as the Head of Marketing and Sales Departments.
* Klaus Stapel, Manager of Credit Card Accounting for Swissair, had been on the UATP Board of Management for over three years and most recently served as Chairman of that board.
Richard Crum, UATP President and Chairman of the Board, said, "We feel honored to have the intelligence and experience represented by these members on the first elected UATP Board of Directors. A change in the board structure since the company's incorporation last September allows carriers with any size UATP program to be elected to the board. This change will allow for a more complete representation of the UATP product and its member airlines, dedicated to promoting growth and development, in the decision-making process. UATP has undergone tremendous growth in the past year with the guidance of the Board of Management and we anticipate maintaining a full-speed ahead approach to business with our new representation."
Universal Air Travel Plan Inc., formerly known as the Air Travel Card(R), is the world's first business travel payment system. Founded in 1936, UATP was an early innovator and pioneer in the charge card industry, developing such industry standards as the magnetic strip and lodged accounts. Owned and operated by each card-issuing airline, it offers the lowest administrative cost of any charge product. With annual global billings of over US$8 billion, multi-national corporations utilize UATP to better manage their travel expenses. Airlines currently issuing UATP accounts include Aer Lingus, Air New Zealand (ANZBF), Alitalia, Ansett Australia, American Airlines (AMR), British Airways (BAB), Continental (CAL), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Japan Airlines (JAPNY), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (KLM), Lufthansa German Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines System, Swissair, Trans World Airlines (TWA), United Airlines (UAL) and US Airways (U). For more information on UATP, please visit http://www.UATP.com.
ots Original Text Service: Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc. Internet: http://recherche.newsaktuell.de
Contact: Rana Walker, Communications and PR Manager of Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc., +1-202-626-4009, or email@example.com/Original-Content von: Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc., übermittelt durch news aktuell