Tokyo (ots-PRNewswire) - The Japan National Tourist Organization
announced today the imminent launch of a completely new-look Japan
Travel Updates website (http://www.jnto.go.jp
). Featuring easy access
to an impressive and evolving on-line encyclopedia of useful
information, the revamped website promises to offer every traveler an
invaluable guide to one of the world's most fascinating destinations.
The new site will be open for global access from the end of March.
Riding the first wave of the global Internet revolution, Japan
Travel Updates was launched in August 1995 as the official website of
the Japan National Tourist Organization. A comprehensive site
featuring a vast number of informative pages, Japan Travel Updates
continues to be accessed an average of 3 million times per month by
Internet users all over the world.
Now this web-based "gateway to Japan" has been completely
rethought and redesigned to offer even better information, even
greater ease of use, and even greater utility. Need to check the
departure time and fare for a train trip from Nagoya to Okayama? How
about trying a meal at a restaurant recommended by a journalist from
your own country? Looking for interesting walking courses in Kyoto?
Might you welcome advice about a gift to offer a Japanese host?
What's the weather like in Kyushu today? Interested in a list of
Tokyo's classic antique shops? These are the kinds of practical
questions that the new site will answer with a combination of useful
facts and insider insights, presented in a sophisticated web
* Searchable English timetables and fare charts for train trips
flights around Japan. Simply input the point of departure and the
destination, then click to see the details. You'll be amazed at
Japan's incredible travel infrastructure!
* On-line reservations for 8,000 hotels and ryokan nationwide
ranging rate from the very reasonable to the super-luxurious.
* Searchable list of 1,000 restaurants representing an
extraordinary spectrum of cuisines. Look out for discount coupons!
* Powerful search capabilities to help the user get things done
and have fun.
* Many sections of a forthcoming edition of Japan Handbook (Moon
Publications Inc.), an award-winning guide that has now been
completely revised and updated.
* Locations recommended by global media representatives working in
* More than 200 recommended sightseeing walks.
* 1:25,000 scale maps of twenty-two leading cities.
* 1:200,000 scale map of Japan.
* Today's weather and the weekly outlook throughout Japan.
ots Original Text Service: The Japan National Tourist Organisation
Seiko Taniguchi of The Japan National Tourist Organisation
+81-3-3216-1905, or email@example.com
Original-Content von: Japan National Tourism Organization, übermittelt durch news aktuell